A suspected ‘gas leak’ has caused a major Leeds venue to be evacuated, forcing hundreds of people to exit the building. Men and women were funnelled out of the venue at around 8.30pm after the fire alarm went off during a Paul Chowdhry gig. Shortly after the evacuation the venue announced the show would be cancelled. One woman, named Mo, who was at the show, told LeedsLive: “It’s frustrating. I don’t want to be too negative about it. It is what it is. Anticipating the next show.”
Hundreds of people can be seen gathered outside the venue with viewers saying it’s “ridiculous”. The relevant emergency services have been contacted for comment.
The Paul Chowdry show at the City Varieties has been turbulent. It was pushed back twice and meant to occur in mid April.
We’ll be bringing you the very latest updates, pictures and video on this breaking news story.
For the latest news and breaking news visit: /news Stay up to date with all the big headlines, pictures, analysis, opinion and video on the stories that matter to you.
Follow our social media accounts here on facebook.com/DailyExpress and @Daily_Express